Chattanooga Convention Center "Green Event" Policy
At the Chattanooga Convention Center, the standard for all events is to be green. The following applies to all our events unless requested otherwise by our clients for specific needs or requirements.
- Recycling: Convenient access to recycling is available for all meeting attendees. The facility actively collects for recycling all materials that are recyclable in the area.
- Water: Water will be served in pitchers.
- Food Service: Washable, reusable cups, "glasses" dishes are used. If disposables must be used, there will be no "Styrofoam" (expanded polystyrene) and disposables are high recycled content and/or bio-based and must be collected for recycling.
- Pens and pads will not be placed unless ordered by the client.
- White boards and markers will be used instead of flip charts.
- Box lunches are not served (unless group is departing for an excursion). If box lunches are requested, the lunches are served in other than virgin paper.
- All communication with potential guests is electronic, other than what is legally or brand-standard required to be maintained in "hard copy" form.
- Temperature in the meeting room is individually controlled and is maintained between 68 and 72 degrees (winter/summer).
- If cloth table cloths are used, they will be washed during the event only if visibly soiled.
- Event signage lists all "green activities" practiced in the planning and operation of the event.
- All remaining food items will be donated.